This mouthwatering Bacon Cheeseburger Citrus Sauce recipe uses grass-fed beef, nitrite free bacon, ripe tomatoes, grilled onions, and a brioche bun. When you want flavorful heat on your burger, generously slather the bun with Citrus Infused Sauce. You won’t miss your ordinary boring mustard or other condiments. Our Organic Citrus Infused Sauce adds flavorful heat and is available in medium or hot, heat-levels. If you want, you can also Make it Mild. This is especially useful when you find yourself in a mixed-heat household or gathering.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- Bacon (cooked)(we like the nitrite free, uncured variety)
- Tomatoes (sliced)
- Sweet onions (sliced and grilled)
- Cheese (You may pick the cheese of your choice) I prefer provolone and havarti
- Lettuce (wash and let dry)
- Optional: avocado (sliced)
- Brioche buns
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
Bacon Cheeseburger Citrus Sauce Instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper.
- Next, shape into six patties, 3/4 inch thick and then grill.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Next, spread mixture of sauce on the buns, place burgers on the bottom half of each bun.
- Finally, top each burger with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and avocado as desired. (We like to bake our bacon. You can also save time by making that ahead of time)
Bacon Cheeseburger with Citrus Sauce Serving Tips
Serve this bacon cheeseburger with chips and spicy sour cream or with homemade french fries . Mix Original Dipping Sauce with mayo, yogurt, or sour cream to spice each of those up. Another idea is to miniaturize this and make sliders using all of the same ingredients. What’s better than a slider? Easy answer – 2 or 3 sliders that give more variety. Make one Bacon Cheeseburger with Citrus Sauce. Maybe another burger is Grilled Eggplant Burger . Next, have a plant-based burger or maybe a Chicken Burger or Grilled Chicken Sliders. Sliders is an easy way to satisfy vegetarians, meat eaters, and those who keep asking about why chickens cross roads.
Other Burger Citrus Sauce Ideas
The Grilled Eggplant Burger is a recipe blog post and video as seen below. The Cheeseburger with Fried Egg is another burger option as shown in the video below. See more fun and informative videos on the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel.