Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
This Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe produces a mouth watering delicious appetizer. This recipe only takes four ingredients to make. Fair warning. Whether you are feeding yourself, your family, or guests, you won’t make enough. They’ll be asking for more. You’ll wish you had made more. These hors d’oeuvres are just too delicious. Appetizer, snack, or served with rice or salad for a meal, you cannot go wrong.
Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- 1 lb sea scallops (You’ll want larger scallops otherwise it will be difficult to wrap the bacon)
- 1 large fresh orange (You can also use fresh lemon though we prefer orange for this recipe)
- 1 Package of regular size – not thick cut bacon which would make it difficult to wrap your scallops (We prefer uncured, no nitrate bacon)
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Medium or Hot depending upon your heat preference. Or, for a little more pepper-onion-garlic flavor without the citrus use Organic Original Dipping Sauce– Medium or Hot [this is essentially a pepper onion garlic flavored sauce that adds flavorful heat to whatever it is mixed with]
Bacon-wrapped scallops will take about 40 minutes to make from start to finish. Most of the time is in cooking the bacon. We like to cook the bacon fully until it just starts to darken on the edges. Carefully monitor your bacon-wrapped scallops in the oven during the last 5-7 minutes of cooking so you don’t overcook.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This recipe as shown will be a tasty snack or appetizer for 3-4 people or a meal for 2 people. It can easily be incorporated into a tapas-style menu of small shared plates. Allow extra time for this one to cook.
Instructions – Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
- Preheat the Oven
Get a head start on the baking and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Instead of broiling which give you an intense heat (great for searing) we like to bake these slow and steady. This way the bacon is cooked evenly top and bottom. There will be no need to turn your scallops part way through cooking.
- Prepare Scallops
Place the Scallops in a mixing bowl, cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice in the bowl with scallops. Let Scallops soak for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Prepare Bacon
Using clean kitchen scissors or shears cut the bacon in half, crosswise as shown.
- Wrap Sea Scallops with Bacon
Wrap each sea scallop in a single strip of cut bacon. If your scallops were the smaller bay scallops as opposed to sea scallops you might need to cut the bacon lengthwise in addition to crosswise. After each scallop is fully wrapped around its perimeter secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Bake and Wait
Line a cookie sheet with foil. Place the bacon-wrapped scallops on the foil leaving plenty of space in between scallops.
- Give a generous dot of Organic Citrus Infused Sauce to the top of each bacon-wrapped scallop. You are in for a treat!
- Slide into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. Check periodically for bacon spatter and to ensure the bacon doesn’t become overcooked. The scallops will be done when the bacon is golden brown and completely cooked.
Serving Suggestions for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
This Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe makes a delicious appetizer and excellent contributor to a tapas-style small plates sharing meal. Smear your plate with additional Citrus Infused Sauce so that guests can swipe their bacon-wrapped scallop through sauce before eating it. These delicious morsels can also make a very tasty addition to a salad or bowl of rice.
Buy Organic Citrus Infused Sauce
This recipe uses Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. This sauce is available in medium, one-pepper version or a hot, two-pepper version for those who like a little more heat.
Our clean label Organic Citrus Infused Sauce is:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers. Read the reviews.
You Deserve Good Food.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.