Baked halibut with fresh tomatoes and basil complemented with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. Works great with other white fish, too. Don’t forget to lick the spoon! This baked halibut sandwich can also be served on mini buns as fish sliders, perfect for seafood or surf and turf themed sliders. This extraordinary salmon recipe also makes for a delicious seafood-themed slider.
Halibut Sandwich is Perfect with Spicy Mayo
Spicy Mayo Dipping Sauce can be made from mixing your favorite mayonnaise with Original Dipping Sauce or Citrus Infused Sauce. For white fish like halibut we prefer the added citrus flavor of the Citrus Infused Sauce.
While this baked halibut sandwich is wonderful with straight up Citrus Infused Sauce slathered on the but, it is also delicious with the added fat and flavor of mayonnaise. So, combine those two and make Spicy Mayo. Make extra for dipping your sandwich or sides like fries.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound halibut
- Tomato (sliced)
- Sweet onion (sliced)
- Avocado (sliced, optional)
- Fresh sweet basil (wash and chopped)
- Hotdog buns
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (olive oil optional)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Salt and pepper the halibut and bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
- Spread coconut oil on the buns and place on hot pan to get the nice crispy taste.
Spread the mixture of sauce on the buns, top with halibut, tomato, onion, chopped basil, and avocado.
Serving Suggestions for Halibut Sandwich
Sliders are fun snacks and fulfilling meals when you eat more than one. They are absolutely delicious served with a side of Pan Fried Purple Potatoes. Other sides to serve with your sliders include fresh fruit, salad, french fries, or chips. Two chip ideas are Refreshing Spin on Boring Chips or Blue Corn Orange.