Ground beef burgers are wonderful especially topped with cheese. We like them, too. But, there is something special about this beef slider recipe. It uses rib eye steak or any type of steak really. This is the premium slider for those who want something very special.
Perfect Excuse to Cook Extra Beef Steak
When you cook steak keep this beef slider recipe in mind. It’s a good reason to buy and cook an extra steak. Make sure and get some rolls or slider buns at the same time. This slider recipe is perfect for leftover steak or that extra steak you “accidentally” cooked. It is a tradition in our home to eat these sliders a couple hours after we eat steak for lunch (okay, or for dinner – who am I kidding). Steak was for lunch today. True to form, we made these sliders hours later for dinner while watching a movie. Perfect use of an intermission.
Spicy Mayo and Caramelized Onions
We especially love to slather the slider bun or Kings Hawaiian rolls with Spicy Mayo made by mixing Organic Original Dipping Sauce and your favorite mayo. The Original Dipping Sauce has a pepper, onion, garlic base that really makes the meat taste wonderful. You can also add the Original Dipping Sauce directly to the bun or if you’re already a fan of using mayo, mix it together. Make extra spicy mayo and you’ll have some for dipping your sliders or sides like homemade french fries or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes . Caramelized onions are also a very tasty addition to beef sliders.
Serving Suggestions for this Beef Slider Recipe:
Serve multiple beef sliders to make a meal. Consider using this beef slider recipe alongside other slider recipes to make for more variety in a meal. Some of those slider suggestions are below. Maybe a Surf Slider and a Turf Slider or, you get the idea. Sliders are perfect to serve as appetizers or snacks. They are good for lunch, dinner, happy hour or late night snacks, maybe during the break for that movie.
Our sauces are shelf stable so you can buy one on the next commercial and then have it on hand for a future movie break. 😉 As mentioned above sliders are excellent dipped in Spicy Mayo and with sides like homemade french fries or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes.
- Rib Eye or other beef steak (1 steak or leftover portions)
- 1 tablespoon Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- basil, (optional)
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (1 for buns, 1 for onions)
- 8 slider buns or rolls (We really like the Kings Hawaiian rolls)
- Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Cheese, sliced (optional)
Preparing and Cooking Beef Sliders
You only need about 30 minutes to make this beef slider recipe. Start the onions first. They will take a while to get golden brown. While that is going on you can pan fry the buns and then set aside. Since you are using leftover steak that is already cooked heat that last. That way when you assemble your sliders everything will be nice and warm.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Recipe Yield: Makes a hearty appetizer for 4 people
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Grilled Beef Sliders Recipe used three sauces, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers.
- Thinly slice onions lengthwise
- Heat frying pa with coconut oil, add onion, stir and let cook until translucent. Onions are done when golden brown
PREPARE THE SAUCE FOR BEEF SLIDERS:
- Mixing Original Dipping Sauce with Mayonnaise.
- Or you could use Citrus Infused Sauce (optional)
Prepare the Slider Buns
- Spread the coconut oil or butter on the buns
- Heat a frying pan and place the buns on the hot pan face down
- Pan fry it until golden brown
- Transfer buns to a plate
- Spread the Spicy Mayo in the buns
- Then, add the steak and sautéed onion to the slider buns
See more sliders option