Ground beef burgers are wonderful especially topped with cheese. We like them, too. But, there is something special about this beef slider recipe. It uses rib eye steak or any type of steak really. This is the premium slider for those who want something very special.
Perfect Excuse to Cook Extra Beef Steak
When you cook steak keep this beef slider recipe in mind. It’s a good reason to buy and cook an extra steak. Make sure and get some rolls or slider buns at the same time. This slider recipe is perfect for leftover steak or that extra steak you “accidentally” cooked. It is a tradition in our home to eat these sliders a couple hours after we eat steak for lunch (okay, or for dinner – who am I kidding). Steak was for lunch today. True to form, we made these sliders hours later for dinner while watching a movie. Perfect use of an intermission.
Spicy Mayo and Caramelized Onions
We especially love to slather the slider bun or Kings Hawaiian rolls with Spicy Mayo made by mixing Organic Original Dipping Sauce and your favorite mayo. The Original Dipping Sauce has a pepper, onion, garlic base that really makes the meat taste wonderful. You can also add the Original Dipping Sauce directly to the bun or if you’re already a fan of using mayo, mix it together. Make extra spicy mayo and you’ll have some for dipping your sliders or sides like homemade french fries or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes . Caramelized onions are also a very tasty addition to beef sliders.
Preparing and Cooking Beef Sliders
Total time: 1/2 hour
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
You only need about 30 minutes to make this beef slider recipe. Start the onions first. They will take a while to get golden brown. While that is going on you can pan fry the buns and then set aside. Since you are using leftover steak that is already cooked heat that last. That way when you assemble your sliders everything will be nice and warm.
This beef slider recipe as described makes 7-8 sliders depending upon how generous you are on the steak. A single slider is a great appetizer. Make more as a meal or just because you want to eat more.
- Rib Eye or other beef steak (1 steak or leftover portions)
- 1 tablespoon Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (4 tablespoons)
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (1 for buns, 1 for onions)
- Pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slider buns or rolls (We really like the Kings Hawaiian rolls)
- Tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- Cheese, sliced (optional)
Beef Slider Recipe Instructions:
- Cut onion in half
- Thinly slice onions lengthwise
- Add to heated pan with 1 T coconut oil
- Add pinch each of kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Let it cook, stirring occasionally
- Onions are done when golden brown
Prepare the Slider Buns
- Add coconut oil to heated pan
- Slice rolls or slider buns in half
- Place on pan face-down
- Let buns cook until golden brown
Putting it All Together
- Next, heat the steak in the same pan you used for the buns. The residual oil from the slider buns will help warm the meat and prevent it from sticking.
- While the meat is heating, spread spicy mayo or Original Dipping Sauce on the slider buns
- Then, add the steak to the slider buns
- Add optional ingredients
- Finally, top with caramelized onions
- Fold in half and let the eating commence
Serving Suggestions for this Beef Slider Recipe:
Serve multiple beef sliders to make a meal. Consider using this beef slider recipe alongside other slider recipes to make for more variety in a meal. Some of those slider suggestions are below. Maybe a Surf Slider and a Turf Slider or, you get the idea. Sliders are perfect to serve as appetizers or snacks. They are good for lunch, dinner, happy hour or late night snacks, maybe during the break for that movie.
Our sauces are shelf stable so you can buy one on the next commercial and then have it on hand for a future movie break. 😉 As mentioned above sliders are excellent dipped in Spicy Mayo and with sides like homemade french fries or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes.