Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce is a classic Asian-inspired dish that is delicious and easy to make. Chances are, you’ve had this dish while eating out or at an event. Perhaps you’ve even made it. But, if you are like most of our customers who have made their own peanut sauce, they struggle with the effort and worse, the inconsistent results.
Our clean-label Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce is consistently delicious and because it is shelf-stable you can plan ahead for your next gathering. We use fresh organic lemons in our sauces, not vinegar so it tastes wonderful without the overwhelm that vinegar-based products can impart. If you want it extra hot add the two-pepper hot version of our Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot. For mixed-heat households you can prepare skewers to satisfy people who prefer mild, medium, or hot.
Perfect Party Appetizer
Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce are perfect for people who entertain or host happy hours with friends. This recipe doesn’t require high culinary skills yet you’ll impress yourself and others with the pull apart tender grilled chicken that is already flavorful, but made “wow” when dipped in our peanut sauce. Have some peanut sauce on hand and you can entertain guests with a delicious familiar treat at a planned or impromptu gathering.
Once opened, our peanut sauce will last in the fridge for another six weeks. So, if you have any leftover sauce you can easily put it to use. See our How to Use gallery for more inspiration.
Prep Time: 25 minutes, about 10 minutes marinade and about 15 minutes preparation and cook time.
This is the amount of each ingredient you’ll need to make several Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers. As an appetizer this will satisfy up to six people and as a meal it will serve two or 3 people with some leftovers to enjoy another time. If you are like me, that will be in about two more hours. Having a larger gathering, double it, triple it, etc.
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Pesto (garlic, ginger, olive oil – see How to Make Ginger Pesto video)
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Medium or Hot
- Serve with Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – Medium (this recipe will use about a half jar)
Making Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Slice chicken breast into 1/2 inch or so slices. (You don’t have to cut the chicken into cubes or kebabs, you can leave them long. They easily pull apart when cooked).
- In a large bowl, add 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt to the sliced chicken breast.
- Next, add 1/2 teaspoon sugar to the sliced chicken.
- Combine 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil with the sliced chicken mixture.
- Mix in 2 Tablespoons of Ginger Pesto. See How to Make Ginger Pesto on the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel. If you like it, please subscribe and sign up for notifications.
- This step gives the chicken satay skewers a bright flavorful citrusy heat. It will be an undertone that pairs deliciously with the peanut sauce later. Add 2 Tablespoons of Organic Citrus Infused Sauce.
- Using a spoon or rubber spatula mix the sliced chicken and all of the ingredients well. Let marinate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Skewer the sliced chicken breast using metal or bamboo skewers. It is helpful to soak bamboo skewers in water ahead of time so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Grill the chicken skewers on both sides until fully cooked. We like to use a cast iron griddle atop our BBQ grill to prevent flare ups, burning, and uneven cooking. You can also cook indoors on a skillet pan over the cooktop.
- Place the Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers on a platter and serve with Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Enjoy and share with friends. This is a great party appetizer but can easily be a meal when Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers are served over steamed rice and with vegetables.
To see how to make Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers in a video format watch the Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers on the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel. If you like it, consider subscribing to the channel and clicking the notifications bell so that you receive notifications when we publish a new video recipe.