This recipe is for people who love seafood and pasta. Combine the two with this creamy spicy lobster shrimp sauce. We like this sauce served over angel hair pasta (Capelli d’angelo). This creamy spicy lobster shrimp sauce is made from scratch built up from roux and a basic white sauce with added mushrooms, onions, garlic, and shallots and then shrimp and lobster. The final touch is to add Organic Original Dipping Sauce to bring up the flavor and the heat. We used Medium. You can use Medium or Hot, whatever is your heat preference.
Add Flavorful Heat
With 2 T of the medium version of the Original Dipping Sauce in this sized recipe it was just perfect to give it some flavorful heat. It was also just enough heat to make your nose run a bit. Adding the Original Dipping Sauce also gives the creamy spicy shrimp lobster sauce a nice rich pink color.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 yellow or white onion chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 6 Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 T butter
- 2 T coconut oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 T organic flour
- 2 cups organic grass fed whole milk (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 dozen Argentinian shrimp
- 2 – 5 oz. lobster tails
- 1-2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- 1/4 C white wine vinegar
- 2 C water
Pro Tip: Start with the shrimp and lobster. Remove the lobster shell. Peel and devein shrimp as necessary. Soak shrimp and lobster in mix of 1/4 c vinegar and 2 cups water to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes. You will eliminate the smell in your kitchen and reduce any fishy taste and odor in the dish without depleting any real flavor.
Recipe uses 4 pans. Improvise if you have less space (or pans).
Pan 1: Sauté Crimini Mushrooms
In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the sliced crimini mushrooms in 1 T coconut oil until cooked, but still firm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
Pan 2: Sauté Chopped Onions
In another pan sauté chopped onions and garlic in 1 T coconut oil until the onion just start to turn yellow, not quite caramelized. Remove from heat.
Pan 3: Make Roux and Basic White Sauce
In another pan make the roux and basic white sauce. Here are the steps:
- In a heavy sauce pan (we like cast iron) over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 tablespoons flour.
- Whisk to combine the melted butter and flour.
- The roux should have the consistency of a paste.
- Slowly add 2 cups milk and continue whisking over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened, about 10 minutes.
Add mushrooms and onions to basic white sauce and continue to let simmer on low heat.
Pan 4: Sauté Shrimp and Lobster
Cut lobster into bite size pieces. Add shrimp and lobster to a buttered frying pan and sauté until cooked.
Stir cooked lobster and shrimp into white sauce with mushrooms and onions, making sure to add any pan drippings. Lastly, to give the lobster shrimp sauce additional flavor and heat stir in 1-2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium.
Serve Spicy Creamy Lobster Shrimp Sauce over angel hair pasta and enjoy!
Picture Walkthrough – Spicy Creamy Lobster Shrimp Sauce
Buy Organic Original Dipping Sauce
This recipe uses Organic Original Dipping Sauce. This sauce is available in medium, one-pepper version or a hot, two-pepper version for those who like a little more heat. You can also Make it Mild.
Our clean label Organic Original Dipping Sauce is:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers. Read the reviews.
You Deserve Good Food.