This recipe is for people who love seafood and pasta. Combine the two with this creamy spicy lobster shrimp sauce. We like this sauce served over angel hair pasta (Capelli d’angelo). This creamy spicy lobster shrimp sauce is made from scratch built up from roux and a basic white sauce with added mushrooms, onions, garlic, and shallots and then shrimp and lobster. The final touch is to add Organic Original Dipping Sauce to bring up the flavor and the heat. We used Medium. You can use Medium or Hot, whatever is your heat preference.
Add Flavorful Heat
With 2 T of the medium version of the Original Dipping Sauce in this sized recipe it was just perfect to give it some flavorful heat. It was also just enough heat to make your nose run a bit. Adding the Original Dipping Sauce also gives the creamy spicy shrimp lobster sauce a nice rich pink color.
- 1/2 yellow or white onion chopped
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 6 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 T butter (2 for the rouxe and 2 for the lobster and shrimp)
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 T organic flour
- 2 cups organic grass fed whole milk (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 dozen Argentinian shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 – 5 oz. lobster tails, shelled
- 1/4 C white wine vinegar
- 2 C water
- 1-2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Angel hair pasta (Capelli d’angelo)
This recipe is fun to do with your partner, a friend or kids. Plan about an hour to make and then spend another luxurious hour to savor the flavor. Scroll down to to see this recipe made step-by-step in pictures and on video. We suggest completing all of your slicing, dicing, and chopping “cutting board” work prior to any stove top action. Once you start the cooking you can keep flowing.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
This recipe as shown will easily provide an entrée for 4 people. If you’re cooking for fewer people then enjoy the leftovers. One idea for the leftovers is to make Shrimp Lobster sliders.
Recipe uses 4 pans. Improvise if you have less space (or pans).
- Pan 1: Sauté Crimini Mushrooms
- Pan 2: Sauté Chopped Onions
- Pan 3: Make Roux and Basic White Sauce
- Pan 4: Sauté Shrimp and Lobster
Recipe Instructions – Spicy Creamy Lobster Shrimp Sauce
- Prepare the Shrimp and Lobster
Pro Tip: Soak shrimp and lobster in mix of 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 cups water to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes. Optionally rinse with cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel. You will eliminate the smell in your kitchen and reduce any fishy taste and odor in the dish without depleting any real flavor. You can remove the lobster shell and peel and devein shrimp as necessary before soaking or alternatively you can soak the shrimp and lobster in the vinegar water mix while still in the shells. Either way, this technique will work.
- Sauté Cremini Mushrooms
In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the sliced cremini mushrooms in 1 T coconut oil until cooked, but still firm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Sauté Chopped Onions
In another pan sauté chopped onions and shallots in 1 T coconut oil. Add garlic when onions are translucent and continue to cook until the onion just start to turn yellow, not quite caramelized. Remove from heat. Now would be a good time to add water to a pot and bring to a boil for your pasta.
Make Roux and Basic White Sauce (Béchamel Sauce)
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan (we like cast iron) over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Once the butter is melted, add 2 tablespoons flour. (If you want to make more use 3 T butter and 3 T flour. Keep the ratio 1:1)
- Whisk to combine the melted butter and flour. The roux should have the consistency of a paste.
- Slowly add 2 cups milk and continue whisking over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a simmer and continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add Mushrooms and Onions
Add the sautéed mushrooms and onions to your basic white sauce and continue to let simmer on low heat.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Now would be a great time to add your pasta to your boiling water.
- Sauté Shrimp and Lobster
Add 2 T butter to a frying pan. Add shrimp (sliced in half lengthwise) and lobster cut into bite-sized pieces. Sauté in buttered fry pan until cooked. Now would be a really good time for you to have kitchen shears or dedicated scissors.
- Stir cooked lobster and shrimp into white sauce with mushrooms and onions, making sure to add any pan drippings.
- Adjust Flavor and Heat Profile
Lastly, to give the lobster shrimp sauce additional flavor and heat stir in 1-2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium. Start with 1 T and then taste. Add another T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce as needed to bring up the desired heat and flavor profile.
- Finally, Serve Spicy Creamy Lobster Shrimp Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta and Enjoy!
Buy Organic Original Dipping Sauce
This Creamy Spicy Lobster Shrimp Sauce recipe uses Organic Original Dipping Sauce. This sauce is available in medium, one-pepper version or a hot, two-pepper version for those who like a little more heat. You can also Make it Mild. Also, note that you can use the same sauce to add flavorful heat to other sauces you make your buy.
Our clean label Organic Original Dipping Sauce is:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers. Read the reviews.
You Deserve Good Food.