This Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp Recipe uses Argentine Red Shrimp. Argentine red shrimp have sweeter flavor and better texture than many other shrimp. This Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp recipe is easy to make but has a presentation and taste that feels much more complex. Use fresh shrimp or pull those frozen shrimp out of your freezer and give them new life. Before pan frying these shrimp we dust them in seasoned flour. We then pan-fry the shrimp in coconut oil until golden brown on both sides. Finally, these Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp are made even more delicious when dipped in three special sauces:
- Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce served right out of jar
- Spicy Yogurt made with plain Greek yogurt mixed with Organic Original Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Mayo made with mayonnaise mixed with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce
These shrimp are wonderful as an appetizer or as an entree. Serve alongside salad or with rice or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes.
- 1 lb Argentine shrimp. These Argentinian shrimp are the shrimp from Argentina. Use whatever shrimp you like, including those shrimp lost in your freezer.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- 1-2 T of Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Hot or Medium
- 1-2 T of Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – Medium
This recipe can be completed in under 30 minutes. You’ll need slightly more time if you are using frozen shrimp. We recommend thawing the frozen shrimp overnight in the refrigerator. Scroll down to to see this recipe made step-by-step in pictures and on video. It doesn’t matter if you prepare the sauces first or pan fry the shrimp. It’s your preference. If you want to eat the shrimp hot then maybe pan fry the shrimp last.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This recipe as shown will easily provide an entrée for 3 people. If you’re cooking for fewer people enjoy the leftovers. One idea for the leftovers is to make Shrimp Sliders or Shrimp Po’ Boy sandwiches.
Recipe Instructions – Pan Fried Shrimp with Three Sauces
Prepare the Argentine Shrimp
- Peel and devein shrimp. Save time by purchasing peeled and deveined Argentine shrimp.
- Soak shrimp in vinegar water mix. See Pro Tip.
- Drain shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel.
Pro Tip: Soak shrimp in mix of 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 cups water. Let soak for 5 or more minutes. Optionally rinse with cold water. You will eliminate the smell in your kitchen and reduce any fishy taste and odor in the dish without depleting any real flavor. Devein shrimp as necessary before soaking or alternatively you can soak the shrimp in the vinegar water mix while still in the shells. Either way, this technique will work.
- Coat shrimp in seasoned flour. To make seasoned flour mix 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon each of Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Pro Tip: Reduce kitchen waste and save time by storing whatever flour you don’t use in the freezer for next time. This is good for any recipe that requires seasoned flour, e.g., Pork Chops, Chicken Strips, Pan Fried Green Tomatoes.
Prepare the Three Sauces
- Place 1/2 cup Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce in a small bowl or ramekin. This sauce is complete. Use the Peanut Sauce straight out of the jar without combining it with anything else.
- Combine 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon Organic Original Dipping Sauce in small bowl or ramekin. Taste. If you want more heat, add more Original Sauce. You can also of course have the Original Dipping Sauce straight.
- Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon Organic Citrus Infused Sauce in small bowl or ramekin. Adjust the sauce to mayo ratio according to your desired level of heat. Once again you can obviously eat the Citrus Sauce without mixing it with mayo.
Pro Tip: If you live in a mixed-heat household where some like it hot and others not so much then provide each person with their own personal ramekin or a small bowl. Adjust the desired heat and flavor profile to suit each person. They can adjust the heat level of the sauce to be perfect according to their tastes. Some like it really hot and might prefer the two-pepper version of the sauces. Others like it mild and will want to have more yogurt or mayo and less sauce.
- Heat pan and add 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pan fry side one of shrimp until golden brown
- Turn shrimp and cook side two until golden brown
- Drain cooked shrimp on paper towel or rack
Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp and Three Sauces Serving Suggestions:
These Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp are wonderful as an appetizer or an entree dipped in the three sauces described above. Serve alongside salad or with rice or Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes. If you have leftover shrimp consider using them in a shrimp slider sandwich. A Shrimp Po’ boy made with these Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp and any of these sauces cannot be beat. Absolutely delicious.
More About Our Sauces
This Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp recipe used three sauces, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, and Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp with Three Sauces Video on YouTube
If you liked this recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.