This Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe is simple to make and healthier than your typical takeout. While we call for chicken breast you can also use chicken thighs if you prefer. You can use the vegetables we recommend or substitute your favorite veggies or those you have on hand. If you regularly load up your grocery cart with a variety of veggies, making stir fry is a tasty way to eat them. Stir fry is a wonderful way to never let a veggie go bad again.
Include Ginger Garlic Pesto
One very strong suggestion for this dish is to include Ginger Garlic Pesto and Organic Original Dipping Sauce. We don’t sell Ginger Garlic Pesto but we show you how to make it. If you don’t make any ahead of time you can still improvise for this meal. As a substitute for Ginger Garlic Pesto, chop finely 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger and combine with 2 cloves minced garlic. Then use in the recipe as Ginger Garlic Pesto. The Ginger Garlic Pesto give your dish a unique flavor.
Two other must haves for this Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe are basil and Organic Original Dipping Sauce. The bunch of fresh basil adds a unique fragrance to the stir fry. The Original Dipping Sauce adds a nice flavorful heat that has a pepper-onion-garlic flavor. For a slightly more citrusy flavor add Organic Citrus Infused Sauce.
Ingredient Tour for Easy Chicken Stir Fry
Recipe Ingredients for Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 Chicken breasts, cut into a bite sized pieces (Or six chicken thighs)
- 1 Large carrot, shredded
- 1 Onion, sliced (White, yellow or red)
- 1 Bunch fresh sweet basil
- 1 Bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces (Green, or Red or Yellow)
- 10 Button mushrooms, sliced (We like cremini which also go by other names including mini brown portabella and baby bellas)
- 1 Cup shredded cabbage
- 2 Cups spinach
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger Pesto
- 1 Teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 C water or stock
- 2 T of Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Hot or Medium
This Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe can be completed in under 30 minutes. Before you start cooking it is helpful to gather and prepare all of the ingredients that you need to make your Chicken Stir Fry: 2 Chicken breasts washed and cut into bite-sized pieces; one large carrot peeled, washed and shredded; one onion peeled, washed, and sliced; one bunch sweet basil, washed and diced; one bell pepper, washed and cut into bite-sized pieces; ten mushrooms, washed and sliced; two cups spinach washed and spun in salad spinner; one cup shredded cabbage.
Having everything plated and ready to add to your stir fry will save time and smooth the process. See the ingredient tour for an example.
For Ginger Pesto see our recipe blog with step-by-step instructions. We like to make Ginger Garlic Pesto ahead of time and store it in the freezer. A small jar will easily thaw overnight in the fridge or in a bowl of water in 30 minutes. Free the remainder of the pesto when you complete your meal.
This recipe as shown will easily provide an entrée for 4 people. If you’re cooking for fewer people enjoy the leftovers.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
More About Our Sauces
This Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe uses either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
Step-by-step Instructions to Make Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Heat frying pan in medium high heat. While you are waiting for pan to heat up, gather all of the ingredients so they are nearby.
- Add coconut oil. When the coconut oil is fully melted you’re ready for the next step.
3. Add Ginger Garlic Pesto, and let cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
4. Add garlic, stir and let it cook for 10 seconds.
5. Add bite-sized chicken pieces, stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked.
6. Add salt, and sugar, stir and cook for another 20 seconds.
7. Next, add Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, stir and let cook for another 30 seconds.
8. Add water (or stock) stir and let the chicken cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Remove the cooked chicken from pan to a bowl and set aside.
10. Add onion to pan, stir and let cook for about 45 seconds.
11. Add mushrooms stir and let it cook for one minute.
12. Add bell pepper stir and let cook for 1 minute.
13. Next, add the shredded carrot, stir and let it cook for 30 seconds.
14. Add spinach and cabbage, stir and let it cook for 45 seconds.
15. Next, add the cooked chicken and basil, stir and turn off the burner.
Serving Suggestions for Chicken Stir Fry
Steamed rice is a traditional partner to Chicken Stir Fry. However, this stir fry is also delicious with angel hair pasta. Instructions for how to cook steamed is in the Veggie Stir Fry Recipe. If a member of your family is vegetarian or vegan, the Veggie Stir Fry Recipe is good to check out.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.