Don’t wait for Taco Tuesday to enjoy tacos. The best Veggie Tacos are stuffed with vegetables and made to come alive with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. This flavorful taco recipe is perfect when made with corn tortillas and paired with fresh slices of orange. It also tastes delicious when made with Original Dipping Sauce either Hot or Medium. This Veggie Taco recipe is also a perfect way to use leftover vegetables from yesterday’s meal. If you have a mixed heat household or your are the one hosting happy hour, consider Making it Mild for the less heat inclined guests. This Veggie Taco recipe calls for soft tortillas but traditional hard shell tacos are a delicious options as well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Corn or flour tortillas (or traditional shell taco shells)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onion
- 6 button mushrooms (chopped or diced)
- Cheese (shredded or sliced)
- Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Orange (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
How to Make Veggie Tacos:
- Heat frying pan to medium heat, add coconut oil, onion, stir and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion is translucent
- Add mushrooms, stir and let cook for another 3 minutes. Remove onion and mushroom mixture from the pan to a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan to warm the tortillas, heat each side for 2 minutes. (Even more tasty when you use a little coconut oil before you place tortillas in the pan)
- Variation: If you use hard taco shells consider warming them in a hot oven first. 300 degree F for about 10 minutes or less. Serve immediately.
- Place cheese on the warm tortillas
- Top with veggies
- Drizzle with sauce to your desired flavor and heat
Or, consider serving Veggie Tacos with delicious Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa! Either way, it is amazingly delicious.