Egg Rolls Recipe with Three Sauces
Grilled Shrimp Satay Skewers
Marinara Spaghetti Squash
Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint. Although Egg Rolls are already delicious on it own, but even better when paired with fresh mint. These are wonderful dipped in Spicy Peanut Sauce or Original Dipping Sauce or Citrus Infused Sauce.
Making egg rolls can be intimidating but it doesn’t have to be. Follow along this recipe step-by-step where we show you which ingredients to use, how to prepare the ingredients, how to roll and cook the egg rolls, and the best way to enjoy them using three distinctly flavored dipping sauces: These Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint are great as appetizers or as a meal. Perfect for small or large gatherings, or an office potluck. When you serve your Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint and three sauces, you will delight your guests.
INGREDIENTS: for Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- Bean thread noodles (one bunch)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 cups red or green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt to extract liquid from carrot / cabbage mixture
- 1/2 tablespoon to mix with filling
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package egg roll wrappers
- Coconut oil (2 cups) you may use olive oil or vegetable oil
Making egg rolls is a culinary adventure. If you haven’t rolled egg rolls before you might mess up a few. That is entirely okay. They are still edible. If you’re cooking with other people you might see who rolls the most beautiful egg rolls. Of course they should get a prize. Maybe they get to eat the first one out of the pan. They could also pose with their masterpiece and share on social media. The Egg Rolls Video is fun. Turn up the volume and move your hips a little while you’re cooking. We do.
Prepare the Sauces
• Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – no preparation needed, this ready to eat right out of the jar
• Spicy Yogurt made with Organic Original Dipping Sauce and Plain Greek Yogurt
• Spicy Mayo made with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce and Mayonnaise
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This recipe as shown will easily provide an entrée for 4 people. If you’re cooking for fewer people then enjoy the leftovers. As an appetizer this will make 8 people very happy.
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Crispy Pan-Fried Shrimp recipe used three sauces, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, and Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
RECIPE INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO MAKE Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint
Egg Roll Wrappers
Bean Thread Noodles
- Prepare the bean-thread noodles.
- Soak one bunch bean-thread noodles in lukewarm water for 15 minutes until softened.
- Prepare cabbage and carrots. Pack 2 cups each shredded carrots and shredded cabbage into mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon salt and mix well.
- Mix Carrots, Cabbage and Salt. This will draw moisture out of the carrots and cabbage so your egg rolls don’t get watery while frying, which will cause splatter and dilute the flavor. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place ground turkey or substitute. Next, prepare the onions.
- Dice onion
- Drain the liquid out of the cabbage and carrot mixture; discard the water.
- Drain and cut the bean-thread noodles into about 2 inch long pieces; discard the liquid.
- Add ingredient to large mixing bowl with the ground turkey or substitute. Add bean-thread noodles.
- Add diced onions
- Add Shredded carrot and cabbage mixture
- Add 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper.
- Add 1 large egg.
- Mix all ingredients well.
BEGIN ROLLING EGG ROLLS
- It is helpful to have some warm water on hand before rolling egg rolls. To begin, add a spoonful of egg roll mix onto a single sheet of egg roll wrapper. Next, fold the bottom side in. Then fold the left side. After that fold the right side in. Finally, roll the wrapper up tightly until it looks like a short plump hot dog. Repeat this process until you use up all of the filling or all of the wrappers. Hopefully, you have a perfect match. Scroll down to see the video to witness good egg roll rolling technique. If the egg roll wrapper is dry or stiff then moisten with a little warm water.
- Heat frying pan to medium heat. Add ¾ cup oil. Once oil is hot, place the egg rolls on the hot oiled pan one at a time. Keep them tight, next to each other so they don’t open. Important: After the egg rolls are placed in the pan slowly add more oil, another ¾ cup. For best results the egg rolls must be submerged 1/2 of the way. Do not overfill with oil. This will cause the egg rolls to open up. Let cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Turn and cook the other side until golden brown. Remove cooked egg rolls from the pan. Drain on paper towels and let cool before eating.
- To see detail instructions how to roll the egg rolls see our Youtube Channel
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Egg Rolls with Fresh Mint. Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.