Ginger Garlic Pesto or shortened, Ginger Pesto, is easy to make and will enhance your own recipes and cooking. Its simple three ingredients pack a punch of flavor for rice, beans, potatoes, stir fry dishes, dressings, sauces, salmon, chicken, beef, soup, shrimp and other seafood, etc. For example, Grilled Chicken Burgers are even better when the chicken breasts or thighs are first marinated in Ginger Pesto. Vegan and Vegetarian eaters will love adding Ginger Pesto to Veggie Stir Fry Over Jasmine Rice.
Ginger Garlic Pesto is a perfect compliment to Organic Citrus Infused Sauce and Organic Original Dipping Sauce. Ginger Pesto gives you the flavor and health benefits of ginger without giving you the bitter in your face quality that many people describe when they say, “I don’t like ginger.”
This recipe is great for when you like the flavor of ginger but don’t want to be surprised the hunk of ginger when you bite into your food. This recipe will take less than 15 minutes to make and you’ll have a bounty of Ginger Pesto that will last for months. Give some to a friend.
Ginger Pesto will last for 2 weeks in the refrigerator but is easily frozen. This is a perfect way to reuse the glass jars from our shelf stable organic sauces after they are empty.
Ginger Garlic Pesto is Equally Great on Beef, Fish, and Vegetable Dishes
Ginger Garlic Pesto Ingredients:
Makes about 2 1/2 jars the size of our Original Dipping Sauce or Citrus Infused Sauce.
- 2 Cups ginger, sliced (wash but do not peel)
- 1 Cup garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Cup or so of extra virgin olive oil
Make ginger pesto ahead of time and store what you don’t immediately use in your freezer. Then when you need it for a recipe, thaw frozen ginger pesto for about 15 minutes in warm water or in the refrigerator overnight.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
How to Make Ginger Garlic Pesto – Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Wash the ginger. Peeling is not required for this recipe. Slice the ginger into 1/8 inch or so slices. (This makes it easier on your food processor and ensures you don’t have to overprocess to get rid of chunks).
- Peel garlic cloves if you didn’t purchase peeled garlic.
- Place ginger in food processor followed by garlic.
- Process on medium or low setting while slowly adding the extra virgin olive oil.
- Blend or process until smooth. This is what it looks like when it’s done. Smooth consistency and oily, not too dry and without any chunks.
- Spoon into jars or other containers. Freeze what you don’t plan to use within a couple of weeks.
- Watch Lika in the How to Make Ginger Pesto video on the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel. If you like it, please subscribe and sign up for notifications.