The best burger recipe starts with quality ground beef. We like to use grass fed organic ground beef. It costs a little more but if you do a side by side taste comparison you’ll notice the difference. This really rang true for me one time when I cooked a cheeseburger for a friend and he remarked, “I don’t get the gut bomb after this burger. What did you do differently?” I told of of my quality ingredients which I’m now sharing with you.
Once your burger has a solid foundation you need to build upon it. We love to use a tasty brioche bun (they are a little sweeter) and then we layer on the heirloom tomato, perfectly ripe avocado, crunchy pickles, and lettuce.
Hamburger Recipe Variations
The great thing about burgers is you can mix up the ingredients from time to time. We also add sautéed mushroom and onions, and even fried egg. Yes, believe it or not a fried egg is great on top of a cheeseburger. See the video on our YouTube channel or scroll down. One reason to make your hamburgers slider sized is so you can eat more of them and enjoy the many variations.
Getting Your Burger Sauce Right
Chances are you have your go-to condiments that you lean on for burgers and sandwiches. It is possible that they are quite boring. Maybe that is why you’re reading this blog post recipe about making the best burger recipe. If you want to add some flavorful heat to existing sauces or condiments then we recommend adding our Organic Original Dipping Sauce. It is available in hot or medium to suit chili heads or those who like just a bit of heat. For our burgers we like to spread a layer of mayonnaise and then swirl a spoon full of either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce.
For a More Citrusy Flavor
The Citrus Sauce has the same pepper, onion, garlic base but we add organic oranges and organic orange extract to give it a slightly citrusy flavor. It too, is available in medium or hot. Often times, we’ll skip the layering of sauces and just proceed right to making Spicy Mayo. We usually make plenty of of extra spicy mayo for dipping french fries or fried potatoes that accompany the perfect burger.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Best Burger Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Hamburger buns (we like the brioche buns)
- Cheese is optional (pick the cheese of your choice) We prefer provolone and havarti and extra sharp cheddar.
- 1 tablespoon each, salt and pepper
- Lettuce (wash and let dry)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- Pickles (sliced)
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
Instructions to Make the Best Burger
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, pepper, mix it well, and shape into patties
- To begin, place patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Next, move patties to cooler part of grill; continue grilling until desired doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes per side
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
- Spread mixture of sauce on both buns, place a burger on each bun and serve with the desired accompaniments
Best Burger Recipe Serving Suggestions
This is absolutely delicious with Pan Fried Purple Potatoes. Other sides to serve with your hamburgers or cheeseburger include fresh fruit, salad, Pan Fried Purple Potatoes, french fries, or chips. Two chip ideas are Refreshing Spin on Boring Chips or Blue Corn Orange.
More Best Burger Recipe Variations
Grilled Eggplant Burger
This grilled eggplant burger / sandwich recipe is great for Meatless Monday or any day of the week. Even if you enjoy a juicy meaty hamburger you’ll love this veggie-centric, healthy, plant-based, meatless alternative.