Not So Traditional Greek Salad
This Greek Salad with Peanut Sauce recipe is simple to make using only a few ingredients. This salad tastes especially refreshing on a hot day. When you hear the words heatwave, add cool salad to your bag of tricks. You won’t even need to turn on the stove. This Greek Salad recipe is easily modified for people with different culinary preferences. You can make this dish vegetarian, vegan, or easily top it with shrimp or chicken. Whichever ingredients you use, this Greek Salad recipe breaks tradition when it comes to the dressing. Instead of a dressing made chiefly with olive oil and balsamic or red wine vinegar, which we love, too, we drizzle our Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce over the top of the salad. Wow! This was a surprisingly delicious discovery. We didn’t know that the cucumber, olive, feta, onion, tomato combination would be so well paired with our peanut sauce. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
Ingredients for Greek Salad with Peanut Sauce
- 1 Cucumber, cubed (we prefer the English cucumber, peeling and all)
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1/2 medium Red Onion, diced or slivered
- 10-15 Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1/3 c Feta Cheese, hand crumbled (or leave as a block and fork-crumble in your dish)
- 1/3 c Carrot, julienned (optional)
- 1/2 c Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce (use the amount to your liking – we use about 1/3 – 1/2 the jar)
- Proteins – grilled shrimp or grilled chicken (optional)
- Veggie Proteins – roasted or grilled mushrooms (we used Shiitake and King Oyster)
Adjust the Ingredients
This recipe is flexible. Use the ingredient you have on hand. The olive, onion, tomato, and cucumber are essential ingredients but the avocado and carrot are optional. You’ll love the added flavor and texture if you include them.
Prepare Ahead of Time
This Greek Salad recipe can be prepared quickly and served immediately but for an extra special treat on a hot day make this ahead of time and pull it from the refrigerator. If you are using shrimp or chicken as an added protein consider making that ahead of time and serving it chilled, too.
Recipe Yield: Great appetizer for 4 people or a meal for 2
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
SAUCES USED IN THIS RECIPE
This Greek Salad recipe uses Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. These sauces are shelf-stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce is:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf-stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers
Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Greek Salad with Peanut Sauce
- Add cucumber cubes to a large serving dish.
- Cover with a layer of julienned carrots.
- Next, add cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half. Or you could also use cubes cut from a large heirloom tomato.
- Then add cubed avocado and diced or slivered red onion.
- Next, sprinkle with Kalamata olives slices.
- Using your very clean hands crumble the feta cheese over the salad.
- This salad can be served immediately or made ahead of time, refrigerated, and then served cold. Finally, add the Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce immediately before serving. Optional proteins can be added warm or cold. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestions for Greek Salad with Peanut Sauce
Greek Salad is a wonderful side dish or entree. Turn this side dish into an entree by adding protein. Some of our favorite proteins to add to a greek salad are Argentine shrimp, grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast, and grilled or roasted Shiitake or King Oyster mushrooms. You’ll want to serve bread with this Greek Salad to mop up every last drop of feta cheese and peanut sauce.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Greek Salad with Peanut Sauce recipe consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notifications to receive new videos as they are published.