Grilled boneless chicken thighs are within reach of every cook. We prefer chicken thigh meat since it is more tender than chicken breast meat. Unless of course we’re making Chicken Cordon Bleu, which demands chicken breast. We tend to cook our boneless skinless chicken thighs outdoors on the grill year round. Well, that is unless it is pouring down rain or the grill is buried in snow. In that case, we’ll use the cast iron griddle in the kitchen, over two burners. This way, we still get the signature grill marks.
Choosing Sauces for Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
This is a really, really, really touch decision. I say really three times to honor Peanut Sauce, Original Sauce, and Citrus Sauce. Each of these sauces goes really well with chicken. And, you can also combine the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce and Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce in the same dish for an extra treat. You don’t necessarily need to spoon the sauces onto the same chicken thigh. What you do instead is slice the cooked chicken and then combine the flavors on your plate. Use one sauce or mix it up – the sauce flavors meld really well.
Special Dietary Needs
If you or a guest has a gluten or dairy intolerance, then please know that all of our sauces are organic, gluten free, and vegan. We also don’ t use any preservatives, fillers, additives, MSG, vinegar, soy sauce or other questionable ingredients. We use real ingredients that will make your palate happy in addition to your clean label requirements.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce and/or Organic Original Dipping Sauce and/or Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towel
- Trim excess fat from chicken
- Lightly season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Turn on grill (if you didn’t already preheat the grill)
- Before adding the chicken to the grill, lightly oil the surface of the grill (olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil)
- Next, place the chicken on the grill
- Cook the first side on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness
- Then, turn the chicken and carefully spoon on desired sauce(s) trying not to spill any on the grill (if using two sauces, alternate sauces on thighs)
- Continue cooking chicken another 5-8 minutes until cooked thoroughly
- Remove from grill to serving plate
- Finally, slice the grilled boneless chicken thighs into strips of desired thickness and serve over cooked rice
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs are delicious served with steamed broccoli or cauliflower and rice. You can always add additional Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce if you or a guest desires additional flavorful heat.