The classic grilled cheese sandwich is 100% improved when loaded with ripe tomatoes and slathered in Spicy Mayo or straight Citrus Infused Sauce or Original Dipping Sauce. Choose either medium or hot to suit your heat level preference. If you live in a mixed-heat household or prefer mild then you’ll want to read Make Hot Sauce Mild.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Bread of your choosing
- Cheese (Pick the cheese of your choice – I prefer provolone and havarti)
- Ripe tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or your vegan equivalent
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
How to Make the Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- For one sandwich in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, with Organic Citrus infuse or Original Dipping Sauce, (for extra heat add more sauce).
- Heat pan to a medium heat
- Spread coconut oil (or butter) on the bread and place on hot pan
- Grill both sides until lightly browned (this extra step gives your grilled cheese sandwich a little extra crunch)
- Next, add the cheese on one piece of bread, continue grilling until cheese is melted
- Then, add the sliced tomatoes over the melted cheese
- Finally, remove the other slice of grilled bread and spread the spicy mayo or sauce on the bread
- Place it together with the slice of bread with melted cheese
Serving Suggestions for Grilled Cheese Sandwich
We love to provide guests with a small ramekin filled with spicy mayo or sauce of their choice. This way they can dip the sandwich liberally. Some people prefer much sauce while others only dab a little bit. Heat preference is very personal, too. With a little personal dipping bowl each person can have their desired heat level. Another serving tip is to slice the sandwich into large bite sized pieces. That makes it easy to dip in sauce or dunk in soup. Speaking of soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are wonderful with soups. See this tip to Enliven Your Soup. Yummy!