Sliders are a delicious and convenient appetizer or snack. Combine a few sliders with some veggies and you have a satisfying meal. This recipe calls for chicken sliders but these could easily be grass-fed beef, lamb or grilled eggplant sliders. There are plenty of possibilities here – you can even mix and match. If you are hosting a happy hour or need a football game appetizer this is a simple and tasty way to go.
Ingredients: for Grilled Chicken Sliders
- 1 package chicken thighs or chicken breast (I prefer boneless, skinless)
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Sharp cheddar cheese or your favorite cheese
- Oil of your choice or butter (I prefer coconut or olive oil)
- 1 tomato (optional)
- Pickle (optional)
- Avocado (optional)
- Sweet basil (optional)
- Lettuce (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper and garlic powder, or 1 fresh garlic (crushed)
- Slider buns or rolls
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – Medium or Hot
- Remove fat and skin from chicken thighs. If using chicken breast slice chicken into thinner slabs
- Note: There are two ways to cook the chicken
- One option is on the grill
- Another option is to pan fry, either way, your chicken will be delicious
Recipe Yield: This recipe will serve 4 people.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe used two sauces, Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce, and Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. These sauces are shelf-stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauces are:
HOW TO PAN FRY CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN SLIDER RECIPE- STEP-BY-STEP:
Note: If you don’t have access to the grill, another option is to pan fry the chicken.
- Marinade chicken breasts or thighs with salt, pepper, and Citrus Infused Sauce for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat frying pan with one tablespoon coconut oil, and add chicken.
- Let cook about 6 minutes, cover with the lid to prevent oil from splattering.
- Turn the chicken and cook other side for 5 minutes.
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN FOR CHICKEN SLIDER RECIPE- STEP-BY-STEP:
If you decided to grill the chicken see step-by-step below
- Turn on grill (if you didn’t already preheat the grill)
- Before adding the chicken to the grill, lightly oil the surface of the grill (olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil)
- Let cook for about 5 minutes, cover with the lid to prevent oil from splattering.
- Turn and cook the other side for about 3 minutes.
HOW TO Sauté ONION FOR CHICKEN SLIDERS:
- Thinly slice onions (red or sweet are really good choices here). Sauté sliced onions in coconut oil, olive oil or butter
- Sliced onion
- Heat a frying pan with coconut oil, add onion, stir and let cook until translucent and golden brown.
Prepare the Sauce FOR CHICKEN SLIDERS:
- Mixing Citrus Infused Sauce with Mayonnaise.
- Spicy Mayo and Peanut Sauce.
PREPARE THE BUNS
Final Assembly Chicken Sliders
- Spread the coconut oil or butter ob buns. Grill, toast or pan fry buns face down.
- Remove buns and place on serving platter or plates
- Add chicken to the bottom of each bun
- Top with a slice of cheese (optional)
- Add sautéed or thinly sliced red onions (optional)
- Add other optional ingredients (if your ingredients start stacking up too high you may need to spear the slider with a large toothpick, party skewer, or fruit pick to keep it together – warn your guests if you place a toothpick in the sliders)
- Spread Peanut Sauce on grilled buns.
- Add chicken to the bottom of each bun, and your desired toppings.
Serving Suggestions for Grilled Chicken Sliders
Sliders are fun snacks and fulfilling meals when you eat more than one. They are absolutely delicious served with a side of Pan Fried Purple Potatoes. Other sides to serve with your sliders include fresh fruit, salad, french fries, or chips. Two chip ideas are Refreshing Spin on Boring Chips or Blue Corn Orange.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Grilled Chicken Sliders Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.