You don’t have to wait for Taco Tuesday to have tacos. Give yourself permission any day of the week to enjoy these delicious sautéed shrimp tacos. Make a taco bar and invite friends over. That is both tasty and entertaining. For this shrimp taco recipe we marinaded the shrimp in Organic Original Dipping Sauce but that could have just as deliciously been the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. Both of these sauces are available in either medium or hot, heat levels. If you find yourself in a mixed-heat household you would benefit by reading Make Hot Sauce Mild.
Other ingredients we used in these shrimp tacos include romaine lettuce, purple cabbage, lime, tomato, sweet onion, and sharp cheddar cheese. For these tacos we used the wide hardshell taco shells. A fun variant would be to use mini taco shells, especially for a gathering with friends.
Shrimp Tacos Trivia Night
The history of the taco is fascinating and filled with mystery. This Where Did the Taco Come From? article, from the Smithsonian Magazine, has enough taco facts and lore that you could host taco night and trivia night together. It will be epic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lime
- Romain lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped purple or green cabbage
- 1 tomato (diced)
- Sweet basil (wash and chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 6 taco shells
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
This shrimp tacos recipe will serve two people with 3 tacos each. Adjust ingredients to suit the number of people you’re serving and hunger level.
- Marinade shrimp in Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – medium or hot (3-5 minutes)
- Heat pan over medium-high heat
- Add coconut oil
- Add garlic, let cook until slightly yellow
- Add shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze lime onto shrimp
- Add a pinch of sugar, sauté shrimp for 3-5 minutes until pink, firm, and done
- Turn off the burner
- Heat the oven to 250 degrees
- Heat taco shells for for 5-7 minutes just before filling to improve taste and minimize breakage
Shrimp Tacos Services Suggestions
Assemble tacos and serve with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. These tacos are also wonderful served with Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa and/or Spicy Sour Cream.