Pan Fried Purple Potatoes taste delicious drizzled with Original Dipping Hot Sauce or Citrus Infused Sauce. You can also mix either of these two sauces with mayo or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt to make a spicy mayo, spicy sour cream or spicy yogurt dip. This dish is easily made and delightfully shared. Enjoy it as a side dish or indulge as a main. If you find yourself in a mixed-heat household where some like it hot and others mild or medium then you might benefit from reading Make It Mild.
Alternatives for Pan Fried Purple Potatoes
This recipe calls for purple potatoes but nearly any type of potato will be delicious prepared the same way. In fact, often times we will mix and match potatoes. We’ll even include a few sliced carrots for additional color and flavor. Yummy! Did you know there are about 5,000 potato varieties in the world? If you started cooking them all right now you wouldn’t finish in a lifetime.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Purple potatoes (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive oil)
- Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- In a large bowl mix sliced purple potatoes with olive oil
- Next, heat frying pan to a medium high heat (if you use coconut oil, add it to the pan first)
- Then, cook sliced potatoes on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until they can be easily pierced with a fork or spatula
- Finally, remove from pan to serving dish and sauce them up
Pan Fried Purple Potatoes Serving Suggestions
Drizzle your Pan Fried Purple Potatoes with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. Or, you can make spicy mayo, spicy sour cream, or spicy yogurt by mixing your desired sauce with may, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. If you want a slightly more “bright” citrusy sauce then use the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. If you desire a more intense pepper, onion, garlic flavor then use the Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. You cannot go wrong with this dish. It is absolutely delicious! You might also be interested in the Herbed Crispy Roast Potatoes.