Make perfect poached eggs with tomatoes, steamed rice and Original Dipping Sauce. Great as an appetizer or breakfast for dinner.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 cups water
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Cook your choice of rice per package instructions; For a tasty treat add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
How to Make Perfect Poached Egg
- Heat the water: Add enough water to come 1 inch up the side of a narrow, deep 2-quart sauce pan. Add 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 2 teaspoons white vinegar and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, crack 1 very fresh cold large egg into a custard cup or small ramekin. Use the handle of a spatula or spoon to quickly stir the water in one direction until it’s all smoothly spinning around.
- Add the egg: Carefully drop the egg into the center of the whirlpool. The swirling water will help prevent the white from “feathering,” or spreading out in the pan.
- Let it poach: Turn off the heat, cover the pan and set your timer for 5 minutes. Don’t peek, poke, stir or accost the egg in any way.
- Lift it out: Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and serve immediately.
Serve with steamed rice, tomato, and Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.