Sometimes we need a break from our ordinary kitchen routine. Whether you are a trained chef or a backyard grill warrior these rotisserie chicken ideas will:
- help you satisfy your cravings;
- please your guests’ tastes; and
- create just the right experience to remember.
Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
Cooked rotisserie chicken is convenient to pick up at the grocery store and versatile to use. Since Costco and some other stores sell rotisserie chicken at or near cost you could actually end up paying more to cook your own. If you are feeling ambitious you can season and cook your own rotisserie chicken though you’ll be doing that for reasons other than saving money.
Home Cooked Rotisserie Chicken
If you prefer to exert control over your own seasoning and cooking schedule you can prepare your own tasty rotisserie chicken at home. Then you’re sure to not have fillers, additives, preservatives, MSG, gluten, etc. This is especially important for people who wish for their meals to be 100% gluten free or are looking for a particular taste. No matter how you prepare your rotisserie chicken it will eventually be skewered and rotated over a grill or open fire to complete the cooking experience. Cooking your rotisserie chicken on a outdoor spit also creates another type of cooking experience that store bought chickens won’t provide your guests.
Rotisserie Chicken Ideas
Rotisserie chicken ideas include using it in salads, sandwiches, soups, to top a pizza, add to tacos, or nachos, and more. Whichever way you use your rotisserie chicken it is delicious topped with Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. Our most common rotisserie chicken idea around our house is to chop it up and place over steamed rice. Then, we’ll add steamed or raw vegetables and top with peanut sauce. We will eat this meal hot or cold. Adding Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce is a convenient and easy way to add flavor to rotisserie chicken.
This meal will take very little time if you purchase a rotisserie chicken from the store. It will take significantly longer if you prepare and cook your own rotisserie chicken or roasted chicken.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yes, it is true. A meal in under 10 minutes.
Buy Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce
This recipe uses Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. Our Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce is:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers. Read the reviews.
You Deserve Good Food.
- Cook your choice of rice per package instructions; Optional: add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Then, steam your broccoli or if using raw vegetable then chop them up
- Next, cut the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces (of course if you are preparing your own rotisserie chicken you’ll need to cook that, too)
Finally, serve your rotisserie chicken with steamed rice, and Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. Optional: add steamed broccoli and fresh cucumber.