Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce over steamed rice generously drizzled with Citrus Infused Sauce – Medium or Hot. One of our favorites. Citrus Infused Sauce has the pepper, onion, garlic, and Citrusy flavor which is blended well with scallops. Grilled asparagus and avocado cucumber salad are a perfect complement with Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce. This tasty Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce recipe is very easy to make.
INGREDIENTS: for Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce
- 10 large scallops (wash and let dry)
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Pro Tip: Soak scallops in mix of 1/4 cup vinegar and 2 cups water or Orange juice. Let soak for 5 or more minutes. Optionally rinse with cold water. You will eliminate the smell in your kitchen and reduce any fishy taste and odor in the dish without depleting any real flavor. Devein shrimp as necessary before soaking or alternatively you can soak the shrimp in the vinegar water mix while still in the shells. Either way, this technique will work.
to achieve a very nice grill mark on scallops, the grill have to on hi heat.
This recipe as shown will easily provide an entrée for 3 people.
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCE
This Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce recipe used three sauces, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, and Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers.
Instructions: How to prepare the scallops
- Soak the scallops in orange juice for 5 minutes.
- Drain, pat dry with paper towel. Season the scallops with salt, pepper and olive oil.
PICTURE WALKTHROUGH – STEP-BY-STEP
- Turn on grill (if you didn’t already preheat the grill)
- Before adding the chicken to the grill, lightly oil the surface of the grill (olive oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil)
- Place scallop on hot cast iron griddle (or grill)
- Continue to add the scallops to the griddle (or grill)
- Cook first side on hi heat for 5 minutes.
- Cook the second side for 3 minutes.
Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
Serve scallops with cooked rice, drizzle with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot. If you are a sour cream lover, mix two tablespoons of sour cream and one or two tablespoons of Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. See Spiced Up Sour Cream.
Avocado and cucumber salad.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Scallops and Rice with Citrus Sauce Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.