Scrambled eggs and veggies can be eaten on their own or stuffed into tortillas to make breakfast burritos. When we make this dish we like to use mushrooms, shallots, tomatoes, avocado and fresh dill. Sometimes we substitute fresh basil for dill and onions for shallots. Many times, we’ll eat scrambled eggs and veggies on their own. At other times, we prefer spooning the scrambled eggs and veggies into corn tortillas to make burritos. Either way, this recipe is best when paired with Spicy Mayo. Read the Spicy Mayo recipe to see the details for mixing Original Dipping Sauce and mayonnaise. However, if you want more bulk and less fat use sour cream or plain Greek yogurt in place of mayo. To be certain, you cannot go wrong with either Spicy Mayo, Spicy Sour Cream, or Spicy Yogurt; each of them are delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Scrambled Eggs and Veggies Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup diced onion or 1 large shallot (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced or diced)
- 4 button mushrooms (diced), we like Crimini mushrooms
- 1 tomato (sliced or diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Bunch sweet dill (or basil) chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayo for the egg blend
- Additional mayo, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt to mix with sauce
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
- First, beat the eggs together with 1 tablespoon mayo, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended
- Next, heat frying pan to medium heat
- Then add coconut oil, and shallot (or onion), stir and sauté until translucent
- Next, add mushrooms, stir and cook for 3 minutes
- When mushrooms are nearing completion add the garlic
- After shallot, mushrooms, and garlic mixture is cooked, then pour in the egg mixture
- Meanwhile, as eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Repeat this about 3 times.
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND VEGGIES SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Serve your scrambled eggs with diced or sliced tomatoes and avocado, fresh dill or basil and a mix of either spicy mayo, spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt. To make each of those, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. Substitute plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for mayo as desired. If you do end up making breakfast burritos we suggest using corn tortillas. First, heat them in a bit of coconut oil over medium heat. Next, turn each side to warm throughout. Finally, if you have many tortillas you’re attempting to keep warm them place the warmed tortillas in a covered dish, tortillas warmer or slightly warmed oven.