Scrambled eggs and veggies can be eaten on their own or stuffed into tortillas to make breakfast burritos. When we make this dish we like to use mushrooms, shallots, tomatoes, avocado and fresh dill. Sometimes we substitute fresh basil for dill and onions for shallots. Many times, we’ll eat scrambled eggs and veggies on their own. At other times, we prefer spooning the scrambled eggs and veggies into corn tortillas to make burritos. Either way, this recipe is best when paired with Spicy Mayo. Read the Spicy Mayo recipe to see the details for mixing Original Dipping Sauce and mayonnaise. However, if you want more bulk and less fat use sour cream or plain Greek yogurt in place of mayo. To be certain, you cannot go wrong with either Spicy Mayo, Spicy Sour Cream, or Spicy Yogurt; each of them are delicious.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND VEGGIES INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1 diced shallot (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced or diced)
- 2 button mushrooms (diced), we like Crimini mushrooms
- 1 tomato (sliced or diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet dill (or 2 leaves basil) chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayo for the egg blend (Optional)
- Additional mayo, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt to mix with sauce
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
- wash and dice mushrooms
- Slice shallot
- Crush garlic
- Wash and dice basil and dill
- Wash and slice avocado
- Wash and slice tomato
- First, beat the eggs together with 1 tablespoon mayo, 1/2 tablespoon Original Dipping Sauce, salt, pepper in medium bowl until well blended
Recipe Yield: This recipe will serve 4 people
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Scrambled Eggs and Veggies Recipe uses either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
TOUR OF INGREDIENTS USED IN SCRAMBLED EGGS
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- In a bowl with 2 eggs, 1/2 tablespoon Original Dipping Sauce, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional), pinch salt and pepper
- Whisk the ingredients together until well blended
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil, and shallot. Cook until golden brown.
- Add mushrooms, cook for 20 seconds. Add garlic cook for 15 seconds.
- Add egg and let cook until eggs begin to set.
- Meanwhile, as eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula, forming large soft curds. Repeat this about 3 times.
SCRAMBLED EGGS AND VEGGIES SERVING SUGGESTIONS
Serve your scrambled eggs with diced or sliced tomatoes and avocado, fresh dill or basil and a mix of either spicy mayo, spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt. To make each of those, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. Substitute plain Greek yogurt or sour cream for mayo as desired. If you do end up making breakfast burritos we suggest using corn tortillas. First, heat them in a bit of coconut oil over medium heat. Next, turn each side to warm throughout. Finally, if you have many tortillas you’re attempting to keep warm them place the warmed tortillas in a covered dish, tortillas warmer or slightly warmed oven.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Scrambled eggs and veggies Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.