This Smoked Salmon Salad recipe makes for an excellent lunch or dinner. Place each prepared ingredient in serving bowls and let your guests assemble their own salad just the way they like it. Provide an ensemble of dressings to suit different preferences and then have some Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce on hand to add additional flavor and heat. You can use Medium or Hot, whichever is your heat preference.
Add Flavorful Heat
Available in Medium or Hot, Organic Original Dipping Sauce can be used to add flavorful heat to most anything including sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, salad dressings, soups, hummus, even other sauces. Organic Citrus Infused Sauce can be used as a dressing on its own or mixed with mayonnaise, plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream. See also Spiced Up Sour Cream.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Prepare a generous amount of each ingredient so you don’t run out. Use any leftover ingredient for tomorrow’s tacos or frittata. We prefer to use all organic ingredients. Use whatever you’re comfortable with. If clean label eating is new you to, then you might be interested in the EWG’s Dirty Dozen List. That is a list designed to help you reduce exposures to toxic pesticides.
- Organic spring mix
- Wild sockeye smoked salmon (without artificial coloring or preservatives)
- Red, yellow or white onion, chopped
- Carrots, diced
- Sharp cheddar or your favorite cheese, chopped into small cubes
- Tomatoes, diced
- Boiled egg (we like it soft boiled)
- Your favorite dressing or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Spiced Up Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium (depends on your heat preference)
How to Make Smoked Salmon Salad
- Start with Organic Spring Mix. We re-rinse the triple washed ready to eat salads and leafy green mixes. Do what you’re comfortable with.
- Dice up carrot, onion, tomato, cheese and chop smoked salmon into nice bite size chunks.
- Start your Smoked Salmon Salad with a nice bed of Organic Spring Mix.
- Prepare a boiled egg for the salad (we prefer soft boiled eggs – 5 min 45 seconds, large room temp eggs in boiling water with a pinch of salt).
- Next, add diced carrots, tomatoes and onions over the top of the greens.
- Next, add the bite-sized chopped smoked wild sockeye salmon to the salad.
- Over the top of the salmon, add sharp cheddar cheese or whatever your preferred cheese is.
- Add a your soft boiled egg over the top of the salmon and slice in place. The yolk will ooze out.
- Prepare your dressing. We used creamy goddess dressing and gave it some additional heat and flavor using Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium. TIP: Since people have different heat preference let them mix their own dressing in a ramekin. Especially important for mixed-heat households.
- Top your salad with the dressing and enjoy! That’s it! This Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe is wonderful as a refreshing lunch or dinner entrée. We hope you make it and share with friends.