You missed Taco Tuesday, again? Well, better get prepared for the next one. Or, make it Taco Thursday or [insert whichever day of the week you’d like here]. This mix of Surf and Turf Tacos will be worth your effort. Make it as it’s own culinary adventure or use any combination of leftovers following a dinner with similar ingredients. This recipe uses salmon, beef, and chicken complemented with sweet onion, pineapple, lime, and cabbage. These are great as a lunch or dinner entree served full-size or as an appetizer served as mini tacos. Drizzle with Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium or for a more citrusy flavor use the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Hot or Medium. Remember, if you are in a mixed heat household where she likes it hot, him medium, them mild, or some combination thereof you can always use these tips to Make it Mild.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound steak
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup sliced red or green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- Fresh pineapple (peeled and sliced)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Tortillas (one pack)(we like corn tortillas for the flavor)
- 1 cup cooked rice (we like steamed or fried rice – any kind you like, jasmine, white, brown, etc.)
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
Making Surf and Turf Tacos:
- Cook your choice of rice per package instructions. For a tasty treat add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Season steak and salmon with salt and pepper
- Grill steak and salmon
- If using rotisserie chicken it’s probably already seasoned, just warm it up
- After the steak, salmon, and chicken are heated up set aside (keep warm)
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat
- Add coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Heat the corn tortillas until they are soft and slightly colored (if you warm them too long they’ll get crispy and you’ll have to make quesadillas)
- Fill tortillas with desired ingredients
- Drizzle your tacos with Original Dipping Sauce or Citrus Infused Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium or one of the mixes below.
Surf and Turf Tacos Serving Suggestions
If you have multiple people you are serving, then consider making a taco bar where you place each ingredient in ramekins or small bowls. People can then pick and choose which toppings and how much of each they prefer. Serve your tacos with delicious Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa. Or, make a Spicy Sour Cream or Spicy Yogurt and drizzle over your tacos. Either way it will be amazingly delicious.