You missed Taco Tuesday, again? Well, better get prepared for the next one. Or, make it Taco Thursday or [insert whichever day of the week you’d like here]. This mix of Surf and Turf Tacos will be worth your effort. This can be a fun culinary adventure. This recipe uses pan-fried shrimp, grilled beef steak, and grilled chicken complemented with sweet onion, pineapple, and cabbage. These tacos are great as a lunch or dinner entree served full-size or as an appetizer served as mini tacos. Drizzle with Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot or for a more citrusy flavor use the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Medium or Hot. Remember, if you are in a mixed heat household where she likes it hot, him medium, them mild, or some combination thereof you can always Make it Mild.
Surf and Turf Tacos Serving Suggestions
If you have multiple people you are serving, then consider making a taco bar where you place each ingredient in ramekins or small bowls. People can then pick and choose which toppings and how much of each they prefer. Serve your tacos with delicious Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa or pineapple salsa. Also, make a Spicy Sour Cream or Spicy Yogurt to drizzle over your tacos. They will be amazingly delicious.
INGREDIENTS: For Soft Tacos With Surf and Turf
- 1/2 pound steak
- 1/2 pound shrimp
- 1/2 chicken (thighs or breast)
- 1/2 cup sliced red or green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 Fresh pineapple (peeled and sliced)
- 3 leaves basil (diced) Optional
- 1/4 cup cilantro (diced)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 package corn tortillas (usually 8 per pack)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup cabbage (shredded)
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce – Medium or Hot
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Yield: Serve 2-3
Soft Tacos With Surf and Turf are best served with spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt made with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot. Or, consider serving Soft Tacos With Surf and Turf with delicious Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa or the pineapple salsa included in this recipe. Whichever way you decide to serve your tacos they will be delicious.
Prepare spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt ahead of time. Consider making separate heat levels for various guests if you are in a mixed heat household where some like it hot and others mild or medium.
Corn tortillas will be more tasty if you pan fry them in a little oil first. If you need to keep them warm use a tortilla keeper or a pie dish with a cover. Not only will your tacos taste better but they will be less prone to breakage when assembling and eating them if you warm them in this way first.
These Surf and Turf Tacos can be completed in about 30 minutes. Before you start cooking it is helpful to gather and prepare all of the ingredients that you need to make your tacos.
Organic Citrus Infused Sauce
This Soft Tacos With Surf and Turf Recipe uses Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. Our sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers
HOW TO MAKE SPICY SOUR CREAM
- In a mixing bowl add 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt. Over the top add 1-2 tablespoons Organic Citrus Infused Sauce.
- Mix together well and add more sour cream or Citrus Infused Sauce until you get the desired combination of flavor and heat.
How to Make Homemade Pineapple Salsa
- In a mixing bowl, first add diced avocado.
- Next, add diced tomato.
- Then add the fresh diced pineapple.
- Next, add fresh chopped cilantro and basil.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons Citrus Infused Sauce to taste.
- Finally, mix all ingredients well.
Prepare Pan-Fried Shrimp, Grilled Steak, and Grilled Chicken
Marinade the chicken in 1 tablespoon Citrus Infused Sauce. Season steak with salt and pepper
Grilled chicken, grilled steak, and pan-fried shrimp ready for your soft tacos.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE SOFT TACOS WITH SURF AND TURF
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and add can of refried beans. Stir until warm.
- In another pan, add 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil to hot pan. Heat the corn tortillas on both sides until they are soft and slightly colored (if you warm them too long they’ll get crispy and you’ll have to make quesadillas). Add more oil if needed.
- Remove tortillas from pan and gently make a U shape to taco shells. Use a slice of orange or another fruit as a stand. You can then eat the fruit afterwards.
- Spread heated refried beans into a layer on the bottom of each taco shell.
- Add shredded cheese over the layer of warm refried beans.
- Next, add the shredded cabbage.
- Over the top of the cabbage add pan-fried shrimp, grilled steak, and grilled chicken to your tacos. Keep the flavors separate to make each taco distinctive.
- Top each taco with pineapple salsa.
- Finally, top each taco with spicy sour cream or Citrus Infused Sauce.
SOFT TACOS WITH SURF AND TURF
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Soft Tacos With Surf and Turf Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog on our Connect page.