This Steamed Rice with Peanut Sauce recipe is an easy meal or appetizer that practically cooks itself. Add veggies to your delight. An exotic but simple touch is to sprinkle your dish with chopped fresh mint and basil. This recipe is gluten free, organic, and vegan. Now, some of you might be saying, “Hey, I’m not gluten-free or vegan.” I hear you, but here is my promise to you. You won’t miss any meat or fish in this guilt-free dish bursting with flavor.
Ingredients for Steamed Rice with Peanut Sauce
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Fresh mint (chopped)
- Sweet basil (chopped)
- Cucumber (sliced)
- Avocado (sliced)
- One jar Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce
Recipe Yield: This recipe will serve 4 to 6 people.
- Cook your choice of rice per package instructions; Optional: add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon coconut oil. For step-by-step instructions on how to cook the rice see the Veggie Stir Fry recipe blog.
- Add avocado, fresh cucumber and steamed cauliflower or broccoli or any of your favorite veggies.
- Drizzle steamed rice and veggies with Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Top with chopped basil and mint (this makes your dish fragrant and tasty)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Buy Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce
This recipe uses our clean label Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. This sauce in on the mild to medium side. If you want it hot we suggest adding some Organic Original Dipping Sauce to your dish. That adds a pepper-onion-garlic intense flavor.
- USDA Organic Certified by WSDA
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Shelf stable, refrigerate after opening
- Loved by Customers.
You Deserve Good Food.
INGREDIENT TOUR FOR STEAMED RICE WITH PEANUT SAUCE
Serving Suggestions for Steamed Rice Veggies and Peanut Sauce
This dish can be adapted to include whatever vegetables you have on hand or your favorites. We like sugar snap peas, tomatoes, avocados, and cooked carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. And the chopped mint and basil over the top is a must. Those herbs go really well with the peanut sauce.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked Steamed Rice with Peanut Sauce Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.