Turn ordinary spaghetti noodles into a culinary adventure. Most importantly this dish is delicious and healthy. This easy-to-make recipe is loaded with vegetables. If you choose to, you can make this dish entirely organic, vegan, and gluten-free. Invite your friends or family to make this dish with you. It will be a fun, memorable experience. When you cannot decide between Asian food or an Italian meal for dinner this is the perfect solution. This meal is both Asian and Italian. Before you start cooking scroll down to view this Pan-Fried Spaghetti Noodles with Peanut Sauce recipe in video format. View this video and others at the Simpatico Foods Channel on YouTube.
Meatballs are great with spaghetti. However, with fried spaghetti and peanut sauce you won’t miss the meat at all. Furthermore you’ll get a healthy does of veggies with red and green cabbage, carrots and onions. Your body will thank you. Most importantly, these three herbs, basil, mint, and cilantro go really well with peanut sauce. Certainly, some of your guest will want extra peanut sauce to top their meal. Don’t be surprised if your dinner guests ask to be sent home with leftovers. After you delight your guests with this meal, they may never leave.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- One package of spaghetti noodles
- 1/2 cup of sliced red and green cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 sweet onion (sliced)
- 2 large carrots (shredded)
- 1 bunch of cilantro (optional) (cut into bite size)
- 1 bunch of sweet basil (chopped)
- 1 bunch of mint (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- One jar Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce – Medium. When you want it hotter, we suggest adding Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot.
How to Make Fried Spaghetti With Peanut Sauce:
- First, cook your spaghetti noodles according to the package directions. After the noodles cook, drain (add two tablespoons olive oil and stir to prevent noodles from sticking together)
- Next, heat a frying pan to medium heat, add coconut oil and onion, and then stir and sauté until the onion is translucent
- Then add crushed garlic, and stir to make sure that garlic cooks evenly
- After the garlic turns slightly yellow, add half of the carrots
- Next, add 1/2 of the green and purple cabbage, and continue to cook for a couple of minutes
- Afterwards, remove the vegetables to a bowl
- Then, add spaghetti noodles to the pan, stir and let cook for 2 minutes
- Next, add 1/2 tablespoon of salt and a pinch of sugar
- Then, sprinkle a pinch of crushed black pepper over the top
- Afterwards stir in 3/4 jar of peanut sauce, and then let the noodles absorb the peanut sauce
- Next, toss in remaining carrots, and cabbage, stir and let cook about 30 seconds and then turn off the burner
- Finally, garnish with sweet basil, cilantro, and mint. Stir well and remove pan from burner.
Fried Spaghetti Noodles Serving Suggestions
For the ultimate flavor you’ll want to serve spaghetti noodles with an additional blend of chopped cilantro, sweet basil, and fresh mint. Then, top your noodles with additional Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce. If you are feeling adventurous, consider augmenting the flavor further by adding Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium. Fried Spaghetti with Peanut Sauce makes for great leftovers that can be served hot or cold. Make this dish ahead of time for a delicious lunch or picnic treat. When you do, your friends will be impressed that you’ve expanded your picnic moves beyond potato salad and other traditional dishes.