Overview – Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Stuffed mushrooms are a wonderful appetizer for special occasions or everyday meals. This tasty stuffed mushrooms recipe uses fresh herbs, cream cheese and either Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce to add just the right combination of flavor and heat. This recipe is vegetarian and I promise you that you won’t miss any meat here. It is the perfect pre-dinner bite that will simulate your appetite. If you make enough stuffed mushrooms you might just keep eating them as your meal. Stuffed mushrooms are a welcome addition to holiday gatherings. With these easy step-by-step instructions, you don’t have to wait for a holiday or a special occasion. Impress yourself or your family with this delicious appetizer next time you have a dozen or so mushrooms laying around looking for purpose.
Ingredients for Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 15 large mushrooms (white button or cremini)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 4 leaves sweet basil, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch Kosher salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot depending upon your heat preference
To achieve a smooth and creamy texture with no lumps, leave the cream cheese at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before mixing with the herbs.
Prepare the Mushrooms
Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with a paper towel. Remove the stems and toss with olive oil along with the mushroom caps. Then bake with the stuffed mushroom caps. Or, reserve these stems to use in veggie stir-fry, a frittata or homemade cream of mushroom soup.
Recipe Yield: Great appetizer for 4 people
Prep Time: 05 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS TOUR FOR STUFFED MUSHROOMS
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe uses either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
Instructions for Making Stuffed Mushrooms
- In a small bowl or dish, add Citrus Infused Sauce or Original Dipping Sauce, crushed garlic, and chopped: rosemary, basil, and parley to cream cheese.
- Stir well with a fork until the cream cheese, sauce, and chopped herbs are mixed thoroughly.
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Toss the mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Using a spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the cream cheese mixture. Place each stuffed mushroom cap on foil lined baking sheet.
- After all mushrooms caps are filled, bake for 35 minutes at 375°F or 190°C.
These stuffed mushrooms are a great appetizer and perfect for any occasion. Make this dish for a holiday gathering or any occasion. Your guests will be asking for more. Serve on small plates for a side dish. Garnish with any leftover herbs, e.g. sprig or rosemary, etc.
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.