Tofu can seem boring and unfamiliar to all but the most ardent vegetarians. These days many people are looking for ways to eat less meat – tofu is one answer. This recipe makes grilled tofu but it is equally delicious pan fried in coconut oil. However you prepare your tofu it becomes extra delicious when topped with Citrus Infused Sauce, Spicy Peanut Sauce or Original Dipping Sauce. Use all three sauces as shown in the picture. The flavors are unique but complement each other very well.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Optional: Garlic Powder
- Extra-firm tofu (We buy Organic Tofu)
- Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, Organic Citrus-Infused Sauce – Hot or Medium
- Slice tofu into planks of desired thickness (3/4″ works well on BBQ grate or griddle)
- Season the tofu with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Brush oil on a heated griddle or BBQ grate over medium heat
- Place tofu on hot griddle (or grill)
- Cook 5 minutes or to your desired brownness. Optional: rotate tofu on griddle to create perpendicular grill marks)(I didn’t do that here)
- Turn and cook another 5 minutes
- Spoon sauce on top of tofu
- Continue to cook (sauce are already cooked but they will warm on top of the tofu)
Grilled Tofu is great on its own with Organic Spicy Peanut Sauce, Organic Original Dipping Sauce, and Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. Slice each plank into desired size and share. Or, serve on salad, put in soup, or serve alongside steamed vegetables, or with rice.