You don’t have to wait for Taco Tuesday to enjoy fresh homemade tacos. The best Vegetarian Tacos are stuffed with vegetables and made to come alive with spicy sour cream made with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce . Vegetarian Tacos are a perfect way to use up leftover vegetables from yesterday’s meal. This flavorful taco recipe is perfect when made with pan-fried corn tortillas and paired with fresh slices of pineapple. If you have a mixed heat household or you are the one hosting happy hour, consider Making it Mild for the less heat inclined guests. This Vegetarian Tacos recipe calls for soft tortillas but traditional hard shell tacos are another option as well.
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETARIAN TACOS
- Corn or flour tortillas (or traditional shell taco shells)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (red, yellow, white, or sweet)
- Pineapple, sliced
- Cheese, shredded or sliced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Bunch cilantro, diced (optional)
- 1 Can refried beans
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Avocado, diced
- Shredded lettuce
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot
Recipe Yield: This recipe will serve 4
Vegetarian Tacos are best served with spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt made with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium or Hot. Or, consider serving Veggie Tacos with delicious Chunky Dreamy Fresh Salsa! Whichever way you decide to serve your veggie tacos they will be healthy and delicious.
Prepare spicy sour cream or spicy plain Greek yogurt ahead of time. Consider making separate heat levels for various guests if you are in a mixed heat household where some like it hot and others mild or medium.
Corn tortillas will be more tasty if you pan fry them in a little oil first. If you need to keep them warm use a tortilla keeper or a pie dish with a cover. Not only will your tacos taste better but they will be less prone to breakage when assembling and eating them if you warm them in this way first.
This easy Vegetarian Tacos recipe can be completed in under 25 minutes. Before you start cooking it is helpful to gather and prepare all of the ingredients that you need to make your vegetarian tacos.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Vegetarian Tacos recipe with spicy sour cream depends upon either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
How to Make Spicy Sour Cream
- In a small bowl add the desired amount of sour cream.
- Add a small amount of Original Dipping Sauce or Citrus Infused Sauce to the sour cream, whichever you prefer. Use the two-pepper Hot version if you want a little more heat.
- Optionally add diced cilantro. Stir well with a fork, spoon, or rubber spatula until the sour cream and sauce are mixed thoroughly. Taste and add more sauce or sour cream until you achieve the perfect balance of heat and flavor.
Step By Step Instructions to Make Vegetarian Tacos
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add coconut oil and onion, stir and let cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, stir and let cook for another 15 seconds.
- Add refried beans to the onion-garlic mixture. Stir until warm throughout.
- Add 1 teaspoon coconut oil to hot pan. Add tortillas and warm both sides. Remove tortillas to a tortilla keep or pie dish to keep warm until assembling tacos.
- Begin assembling tacos. First, add refried beans to a warm tortilla.
- Next, over the beans add shredded lettuce. Optionally add diced cilantro.
- Add shredded or sliced cheese. (If you want your cheese melted then add the shredded or sliced cheese over the tortillas before adding the refried beans in step 5.)
- Drizzle your veggie tacos with spicy sour cream. Fold your tacos and enjoy!
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Vegetarian Tacos Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.