This Veggie Sandwich Recipe is delicious with vegetables alone but also tasty with your favorite cheese added. Make appropriate vegan substitutes as desired. We love vegetable laden sandwiches with a combo of Citrus Infused Sauce and mayonnaise or Vegenaise. Although this Veggie Sandwich is also wonderful with Original Dipping Sauce and it is even better with fried sage which gives a unique flavor. Give zing to your sandwiches! If you’re making sandwich for others in a mixed-heat household you might be interested in knowing how to Make It Mild.
- 2 slices of bread (Use your favorite bread. We like the Organic Sweet Dark Bread or Organic Rustic Italian Bread from Grateful Bread. Even better pan-fried.)
- Cheese (This is optional: pick your favorite cheese. We like provolone, havarti, and extra sharp cheddar. You can use more than one.)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Sweet basil
- Fried sage (optional)
- Sugar pea shoots or (sprouts)
- Tomato, sliced (We love heirloom tomatoes)
- Cucumber (sliced)
- Avocado (sliced)
- Spinach (Optional)
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
SANDWICH HACKS TO IMPROVE MOST ANY SANDWICH
Sandwich Hack #1
A sandwich requires bread; otherwise it’s a wrap or something else. One way to add some texture and flavor to your sandwich is to pan-fry your bread in coconut oil.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This recipe as shown will make one sandwich. Sandwiches are easily scaled with the addition of breast. Ingredients can be thickly or thinly applied.
MORE ABOUT OUR SAUCES
This Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Recipe uses either Organic Original Dipping Sauce or Organic Citrus Infused Sauce, These sauces are shelf stable and ready to eat out of the jar. Plan ahead and have some in your pantry. Our clean label sauce are:
TOUR OF INGREDIENTS USED IN VEGGIE SANDWICH
Sandwich Hack #2
- Another sandwich hack is to add fried sage leaves.
- To make fried sage leave begin with fresh sage, hopefully from your own garden.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the leaves in a single layer and fry until crispy.
- Carefully remove and let cool on a paper towel.
- Add as a layer to your sandwich for extra crunch and unique flavor.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE VEGGIE SANDWICH
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce
- In another bowl mix Organic Original Dipping Sauce with mayonnaise.
- Spread one side of your bread with a layer of coconut oil or butter.
- Place the breads on a pan in medium heat oil side down. Let the bread turn golden crispy brown.
- Remove the bread to a plate.
- Spread spicy mayo on the grilled side breads. assemble your sandwich with your favorite veggies.
Veggie Cheese Sandwich with Citrus Infused Sauce
Let’s Not Keep Secrets
If you liked this Veggie Sandwich Recipe and enjoy good food consider subscribing to our recipe blog and connecting with us on our social channels. That is also a great way to share these recipes and delicious sauces with others. Find our social channels on the Connect with Simpatico Foods page. Please also subscribe to the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel and click notification to receive new videos as they are published.