This Veggie Sandwich with Cheese Recipe is delicious with vegetables alone but also tasty with your favorite cheese added. Make appropriate vegan substitutes as desired. We love vegetable laden sandwiches with a combo of Citrus Infused Sauce and mayonnaise or Vegenaise. This Veggie Sandwich is also wonderful with Original Dipping Sauce. Give zing to your sandwiches! If you’re making sandwich for others in a mixed-heat household you might be interested in knowing how to Make It Mild.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Ingredients to make a Single Veggie Sandwich with Cheese:
- 2 slices of bread (Use your favorite bread. We like the Organic Sweet Dark Bread or Organic Rustic Italian Bread from Grateful Bread.
- Cheese (This is optional: pick your favorite cheese. We like provolone, havarti, and extra sharp cheddar. You can use more than one.)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Sweet basil
- Sugar pea shoots or (sprouts)
- Tomato, sliced (We love heirloom tomatoes)
- Cucumber (sliced)
- One jar Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium.
Other vegetables to consider include avocado and butter lettuce or romaine. Don’t make it so tall with ingredient that you cannot possibly eat it. Many of our customers mix our sauces with other basil pesto or hummus they make or buy. You can use our sauces to add flavorful heat to your favorite sandwich spread.
- For one sandwich, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise with Organic Citrus Infused Sauce or Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Hot or Medium (If you want to give an extra spice you may add more sauce)
- Spread the mixture of sauce on the bread with a spatula
- Top with cheese, cucumber, tomato, sugar pea shoots , and sweet basil leaves
- We love to cut sandwiches into more than halves to create additional eating opportunities. Cut into thirds, eat two now and save a portion for later. Or cut into fourths, etc.
Veggie Sandwiches are so simple, yet so good. Make one for lunch or dinner with or without sides. If you don’t have these ingredients substitute whatever vegetables you have on hand. You really cannot go wrong.