Veggie Stir Fry is an easy to make, gluten free, organic, and vegan recipe that can be made in minutes. I promise you, you won’t miss any meat or fish in this dish. This meal is nutrient dense with healthy vegetables and bursting with flavor. In this recipe we use: rainbow Swiss chard, purple cabbage, carrot, onion, dill, ginger pesto, garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, pinch of sugar, and Organic Original Dipping Sauce.
To see how to make this in a video format watch Lika in the Veggie Stir Fry video on the Simpatico Foods YouTube channel. If you like it, consider subscribing to the channel and clicking the notifications bell so that you receive notifications when we publish a new video recipe.
If you want an even brighter, citrusy flavor use the Organic Citrus Infused Sauce. Substitute your favorite vegetables and add another protein if you prefer.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
This is the amount of each vegetable and ingredient used in Veggie Stir-Fry with Organic Original Dipping Sauce to make enough for about 4 servings. If you are cooking for yourself then you’ll have leftovers for a couple of meals:
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch dill, chopped
- 1 bunch rainbow Swiss chard
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded using a mandoline kitchen slicer if you have one
- 2 Tbsp Organic Original Dipping Sauce – Medium
- 1 Tbsp Ginger pesto (garlic, ginger, olive oil – see How to Make Ginger Pesto video)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3 cups of jasmine rice
- 4 1/2 cups of water
How to Make Veggie Stir Fry
1. Start by cooking the jasmine rice. We use a rice cooker. 3 cups of rice to 4 1/2 cups of water.
2. Wash the vegetables. Look at the beautiful rainbow Swiss chard. And, the dill smells so wonderful. Carrot says, “Hey, what about me?”
3. Shredded carrots are the best in stir fry and it is less work than julienned carrots or cutting your carrots into matchsticks.
4. Chop the remaining vegetables. We use a mandoline kitchen slicer for the purple cabbage and a knife to slice the onions, chop the dill and Swiss chard.
6. Add the sliced onions to the hot oil and ginger pesto. Deliciousness is nearing. You can probably smell the jasmine rice cooking.
7. Add the crushed garlic cloves once the onions turn translucent.
8. Add the shredded carrots and continue to stir.
9. Add the salt, pinch of sugar and Original Dipping Sauce to the Veggie Stir Fry and continue to stir.
10. Add the rainbow Swiss chard to the Veggie Stir Fry.
11. Add the shredded purple cabbage and chopped dill to the Veggie Stir Fry. Getting close to done now.
12. We suggest serving your stir fry over steamed jasmine rice.
13. If you or a dinner guest desires additional heat, top with a little more Organic Original Dipping Sauce. No additional cooking is required.
14. Veggie Stir Fry with Organic Original Dipping Sauce over jasmine rice makes for a healthy, beautiful, and delicious dinner.